An XY system is to provide an unlimited number of lifting places within a room, enabling a person to be lifted from practically anywhere within the four walls. This is achieved by installing two parallel tracks on each side of the room, either on the ceiling or on opposite walls.
A moving section of track then runs at 90° to the parallel rails, the traverse rail. The components that allow the Traverse rail to slide up and down the parallel tracks, are the Traverse Trolleys.
XY Traverse rail requirements
- If distance between parallels is greater than or equal to 2,8 m, a 2500 mm U-profile* has to be used.
- If distance between parallels is greater than or equal to 3,5 m, a 3000 mm U-profile* has to be used.
- For loads above 150 kg a high profile traverse rail with a heavy duty traverse trolly is recommended as bending in the rail causes malfunction of transit coupling.
- If span between parallels is larger than 4 m an additional parallel rail is adviced.
* For bigger spans a U-profile is available to put over the traverse rail. Two standard lengths: 2500 mm and 3000 mm.
Standard Traverse trolley (1010)
Suitable for A profile.
HD Traverse trolley (1012)
Suitable for C profile and heavy loads.
65 mm high Traverse trolley (1011)
Suitable for A profile, between hung.
120 mm high Traverse trolley (1120)
Suitable for C profile, between hung.