How to choose the right partner to construct your new sluice room.
These aren’t welcome sentiments when you are about the undergo a medical procedure, or trust a facility with the care of a loved one.
For healthcare establishments, it’s essential to maintain your estates in order to protect your reputation – and this is just as important for private areas, like sluice rooms, as it is for public quarters, such as wards. The potential dangers aren’t merely superficial; the infection risks presented by ailing floors, walls and equipment are significant.
However, these aren’t the only circumstances where new facilities may be required. Entirely new builds of healthcare estates will, of course, require all-new assets like sluice rooms, right from the word go; and the question for facilities and estates managers isn’t “if”, but who and why you should choose a specific provider for this all-important work.
What should hospital and care home managers do to ensure the right company will be working on their new sluice room build?
Making the right decision when selecting a company to construct your sluice room is crucial to ensure the safety, compliance, durability, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and timely completion of your project.
By following these steps, you can make an informed decision and select a company that is capable of delivering a high-quality sluice room, which meets your requirements and expectations:
- Define your requirements. Consider factors such as size, capacity, functionality, infection control measures, regulatory compliance, and any specialised needs unique to your healthcare facility.
- Research and shortlist. Conduct thorough research to identify reputable companies specialising in construction projects for healthcare facilities, including sluice room builds. Seek recommendations from industry peers, consult professional networks, and review online resources to create a shortlist of potential contractors.
- Assess experience and expertise. With your shortlisted companies in hand, weigh up their experience in constructing sluice rooms or similar healthcare facility projects. Consider their track record, portfolio of completed projects, and references from previous clients. Look for evidence of successful completion of projects on time and within budget, as well as compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Request proposals. Contact the shortlisted companies and request detailed proposals for the new sluice room build. The proposals should include project timelines, cost estimates, design plans, materials specifications, and information on how they intend to meet the defined requirements.
- Conduct interviews and site visits. Arrange interviews with the companies to discuss their proposals and gain a deeper understanding of their capabilities. Additionally, visit their completed projects or ongoing construction sites to assess the quality of their work, attention to detail, and adherence to safety standards.
- Check certifications and licenses. Verify that the companies have the necessary certifications, licenses, and insurances to undertake construction projects for healthcare facilities. Ensure they comply with local building codes and regulations.
- Seek references and feedback. Request references from the shortlisted companies and contact their previous clients to gather feedback on their performance, communication, and overall satisfaction with the completed projects. This step can provide valuable insights into the company’s professionalism and ability to meet expectations.
- Evaluate communication and collaboration. Consider the responsiveness, clarity, and professionalism of the companies during the proposal stage. Effective communication and a collaborative approach are crucial for successful project execution and a positive working relationship.
- Contract and project management. Once a company is selected, ensure that a comprehensive contract is drafted, clearly defining the scope of work, project timeline, payment terms, and any other relevant details. Establish a project management plan, including regular progress meetings, communication channels, and performance monitoring to ensure the project progresses smoothly.
Why choose Caretua to assist with your sluice room construction?
At Caretua, we’re proven experts in infection control – and we can do more than just kit out your sluice room with leading-edge sluice room equipment.
We provide a full turnkey solution, including…
- A free initial consultation and design survey.
- Design support, to ensure your new sluice room is compliant with the latest regulations.
- Supply and installation of all your sluice room equipment.
- Oversee all plumbing and electrical work.
- Project manage the entire sluice room installation – so you have just one point of contact and one invoice.
- Deliver excellent aftercare – ensuring your sluice room continues to provide optimum performance and a favourable return on your investment.
Ready to discover more about how Caretua can help with your sluice room build?
Have a question?